Date of entry into force: May 25, 2018
In compliance with the provisions of the new regulation on Personal Data Protection (LOPD) 2018 the user is informed that all the data you provide us will be incorporated into a file, created and maintained under the responsibility of “My Sweet Torment”.
We will always respect the confidentiality of your personal data that will only be used for the purpose of managing the services offered, meet the requests that we raise, perform administrative tasks, and send technical, commercial or advertising information via ordinary or electronic .
This Privacy Statement explains how you collect, control, process and use S “My Sweet Torment” information about you (what is called “personal information”).
When we say “My Sweet Torment”, “we”, “our” or “we”, we mean “My Sweet Torment”.
When we say the “Site” we mean our platforms, which include our websites, communications that we send or services we provide, social networking sites or any other website in our offer with links to or reference to this Privacy Statement.
We routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, features or features to the Site. If we make any material change, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), by means of a notice on the Site or using other methods. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was adopted by referring to the previous “Effective Date”.
You understand that your continued use of the Site after we send you a notice about our changes to the Privacy Statement means that the collection, control, processing and use of your personal data is done in accordance with the updated Privacy Statement. If you object to any change, you may modify your account settings or close your account, as described below.
1. Personal information we collect
We will collect the following personal information when interacting with the Site:
- Authentication and identification information (eg, your name, email address and password). This information is necessary to set up and log in to your account. If you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with our services;
- Basic personal details (eg, your name, date of birth and nationality);
- Contact details (eg, your mailing address, telephone number and email address). We may need some of this information to provide you products, for example, your mailing address, and we will not be able to carry out these services if you do not provide them;
- Payment details (eg, details of your credit card or payment identifiers from external payment providers such as PayPal). We use this information to process your order, and we will not be able to collect your payment or provide refunds if you do not provide it;
- Information about your contacts with “My Sweet Torment” (eg, call records, instant messages on our Site, and user generated content).
We will also automatically collect personal data when you interact with the Site from your computer, mobile device or other device. This personal data includes:
- Analysis data, which may include data collected from cookies and other types of device identifiers;
- Profile entries (eg, views of pages and offers on the Site, information about clicks and information about the website where you clicked from our Site). This may include information about your location. With respect to the geolocation information collected from your mobile device, we will only collect it when you have provided consent;
- Device details (eg, MAC address, IP address, Bluetooth data and advertising identifiers).
We also receive personal data and other information online and offline from third parties with whom we carry out commercial activities such as merchants, marketing agents, distributors, resellers and other companies or organizations with whom we reach agreements to provide support to our business and operations, which includes advertising partners (collectively, “Business Partners”).
The personal information we receive from business partners includes information about purchases, location and demographics. We will only receive this personal information when the business partner affirms that exchanging them with us is legally permitted. We use this information to better understand your preferences about offers and about how our merchants work to provide you with a better “My Sweet Torment” experience.
We will collect the personal data described above at various stages of your relationship with us when:
- Register, subscribe, authorize the transfer of, or create an account with us;
- Open or respond to our messages or emails;
- Provide information to register or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or with vendors and business partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide the services you have requested;
- Visit any online page that displays our content or announcements;
- Buy services or products from sellers on or through the Site;
- Log in, log in or link to the Site using social networking tools;
- Post comments in the online community sections of the Site.
We also create profiles about you based on the personal data you provide or that are collected from you, as described above. We do this to market offers for you whose purchase we believe would be of interest to you. The contents of that profile include:
- Account details For example, we create a permanent URL with the page of your account that can include your name. We also generate identifiers to remember your purchase history and subscriptions, and any loyalty number you may have obtained;
- Information from the audience. We create audiences based on parameters such as gender, age and location (eg, males of 25 and 35 from your city), and if your personal data match those audiences, you will be assigned to that audience. This helps to receive relevant offers;
- Activity information. Based on your interactions with communications, we will generate personal information about how many communications you like to receive, to send only those that are useful to you.
2. Your options
You can manage the types of personal information you provide us and limit how we communicate with you. At the same time, we believe that the more you tell us about yourself and what you like, the more relevant and valuable your experience with our Site and services will be.
You can manage your email preferences, push notifications, location information and subscription notification by logging into your account from the Site:
- “Push” notifications and location information. Your device provides you with options to control push notifications and how and when we collect your geolocation. You can disallow our use of certain location data from the configuration of your device with a browser.
- Subscriptions You can also manage your subscriptions by following the subscription management instructions that contain the commercial emails we send you. You can choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and choose not to subscribe to, or unsubscribe from, others. You can update your subscription preferences at any time. Even if you choose not to subscribe to, or unsubscribe from, promotional emails, we may need to contact you with important transaction information related to your account and your vendor purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our push notifications or promotional emails, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Site;
- Cookies. You can manage how cookies are handled by your browser. You can also manage how you share information with us, on and about your devices, your mobile device and your mobile browser, as well as how your mobile browser manages cookies. Refer to our Cookies Policy for more information;
3. Your rights
You can access, update, rectify and delete your personal data that make up part of your profile by logging into your account or by contacting us here. Keeping your personal information updated helps to ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the most relevant goods and services for you.
In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any personal information we maintain about you; (ii) request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked; (iii) request that we delete personal data that we maintain about you; (iv) request that we restrict our processing of your personal data; and (v) request that we provide you or a third party with a copy of certain personal information about you (what is called the “data portability” right). You may also object to any of our uses of your personal data, as described in this policy, including our marketing activities.
4. How we use information
We control and process the personal data you provide, which we collect from other sources and those we generate to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site by analyzing how you and our other customers use and interact with the Site. This is so to fulfill our legitimate business interests by providing the Site and providing the best experience for our customers;
- Carry out marketing, which may involve:
o Establish and analyze the behavior of clients and individual and group profiles to determine their interest and that of other people in certain types of offers, products and services. We do this by analyzing your interactions with the Site and your other personal data to determine what your interests are, and what types of services and products are purchased by people with similar interests, which helps us understand what products and services you may be interested in seeing. This is done to meet our legitimate interests to understand the types of products and services that are of interest to our customers, and to provide you and our other customers with the most relevant products;
o Send relevant direct marketing messages and other communications via email or push notifications on mobile devices which includes, with your consent, using your location data to notify you of customized offers based on location. We will send you these messages on the basis that you have consented to receive them or, where permitted by relevant legislation, satisfy our legitimate interests to show you which of our products and services are relevant to you;
o Analyze the effectiveness of advertising, which may involve analyzing the advertising campaigns with which our customers choose to interact more frequently. It is thus to satisfy our legitimate interests to understand what types of advertising campaigns are more or less effective than others.
- Answer your questions and your requests, for example, in the context of customer service. It is thus to fulfill our contractual commitments with you of the Conditions of Use as part of the purchase process or to comply with legal obligations (such as allowing you to exercise your rights as described above) and, in other cases, to satisfy our legitimate interests of providing a good service to our customers.
- Send reminders, technical notices, security alerts, administrative and support messages, service bulletins and requested information, including on behalf of business partners or other vendors. This is done to satisfy our legitimate interests of effectively managing our relationship with you;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other events or promotional activities, to fulfill our contractual commitments as established in the terms and conditions of those promotional events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We do this when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, or to satisfy our legitimate interests to enforce our legal rights and resolve disputes, verify payments and prevent fraud.
5. When and why we disclose personal information
We share your personal information as indicated below:
- with your consent;
- with unaffiliated business partners and external vendors, so that they can sell, provide and provide the services or products purchased. We exchange personal data with unaffiliated business partners and external vendors to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, and they can not use your personal data in any way other than to sell, provide and / or loan the products or services you have purchased;
- with third parties that provide tools and services to help us better understand your preferences about the offers, and thus be able to show you on third-party websites advertisements of goods or services of “My Sweet Torment” more suited to your tastes and interests. Those third parties can also use your personal information to match you with your current client base. You may interrupt our use of these tools as described in our Cookies Policy;
- as necessary to fulfill contractual obligations towards you with sellers or business partners to the extent that you have acquired or exchanged goods or services that offer or have participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or sellers on behalf of a business partner;
- towards an owner, co-owner or subsequent operator of one or more of the sites, or any part or operation related to part of one or more of the sites;
- in connection with a merger, consolidation or corporate restructuring, the sale of basically all of our shares and / or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process;
- to comply with judicial orders and governmental requests, or when necessary to support the functions of audit, compliance and corporate governance, when this is necessary to comply with these legal obligations;
- to fight fraud or criminal activities, and protect our rights, sellers or business partners and users, or as part of legal processes that affect us, because it is part of our legitimate interests to prevent fraud and protect these rights; or
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, included for law enforcement agencies, compliance officers, and courts, to the extent necessary to comply with such legal obligations.
We urge our business partners and unaffiliated third-party vendors to adopt and expose privacy policies. However, although we exchange personal data with sellers and business partners solely for the purposes mentioned above, their use and subsequent processing of personal data they have obtained through us is governed by their own privacy practices and policies and is not under our control (except for the use and processing by sellers and business partners that provide services to us, as described above). Wherever possible, we restrict by contract how your personal data is used by our vendors and business partners, including merchants, and we aim to ensure that you do not use it for any purpose incompatible with those set out in this privacy statement.
In some cases described above, we will transfer your personal data to a country located outside the European Economic Area where it may be considered that the level of protection of personal data provided is not the same as that which is in accordance with European legislation. In such cases, we apply appropriate protections, including contractual commitments authorized by the European Commission, on the recipients of the data, to ensure that there is adequate protection of your personal data. For more information about current security measures and to see a copy of such measures, please contact us using the details below.
6. Security of personal data
We have launched an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage method, is 100% secure. Therefore, we can not guarantee its absolute security.
7. Conservation of personal data
We will retain your personal information while your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. If you close your account, we will keep your personal information for a period of time when it is necessary for our business to continue to operate effectively, keep a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes, fraud prevention options until those purposes cease to exist , or to preserve it as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
8. Social networks
Social network area
You should avoid publicly exposing sensitive information about yourself or others.
Connection through social networks
We offer social network users the opportunity to interact and share with friends and social networks. If you have logged in to the Site and a social network, when you use the social networking features of the Site, you will connect to your social network account with your “My Sweet Torment” account (this takes place automatically if the addresses of email coincide). If the email addresses do not match, we ask if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts by logging into your social network account. If you have already logged in on the Site but not in your social network, when you use the social networking features of the Site, you will be asked to enter your credentials from the social network website or register with that social network.
If you are not currently registered as a user of “My Sweet Torment” and use the social networking features of the Site, you will first be asked to enter your social network credentials and then be given the option to register and join to “My Sweet Torment”. Once you register with us and connect with the social network, you can automatically publish in your social network the recent activity in “My Sweet Torment”. Please consult the privacy settings of your account in the social network to manage the data that is shared through your account.
When you use the function of connection with social networks of the Site you will have the opportunity to grant your consent so that we can access all the elements of your profile information in the social network that you have made available to be shared (according to the configuration you have chosen in your profile of the social network) and use it in accordance with the conditions of use of the social network and this Privacy Statement. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
9. Third party privacy practices
This Privacy Statement only refers to the collection, processing and use (including disclosure) we make of personal data through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that can be accessed through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and their own practices for the collection, processing, use and disclosure of personal data. Our business partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements of these third parties before giving them information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion sponsored by said third parties.
10. Contact us
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, if you wish to make use of any of the aforementioned rights, or other rights you may have in relation to your personal data, please contact us. To exercise your rights of opposition, rectification or cancellation, you must go to the following email address email@example.com.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any request, complaint or concern related to our use of your personal data. However, if you believe that we have not been able to help you, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority of your country of residence by our Main Supervisory Authority: